Hendrick's Road Trip Tips
Read our tips and get the most out of your next road trip!
Before you pack the car and hit the open road read these helpful tips from Hendrick Collision Center. Careful preparation before your trip will help you stay safe & secure when you're on the road. Here are Hendrick Collision Center's top road trip tips:
- Overall Checkup: Complete scheduled maintenance and major repairs before your trip. Does your oil need to be changed? Is your check engine light on? The majority of problems start out small and will escalate if you don't pay attention. We recommend fixing any issues before you hit the road. No one wants to call a tow truck when you're on an adventure.
- Tidy Space: Is your car clean? Before you leave it's a great time to get rid of the items you don't need on a road trip. Removing seasonal equipment and trash will give you extra room to pack. The same goes for the outside of your vehicle. A complete wash and detail will give you better visibility when you're on the road.
- Glove Box 101: Don't forget to check your glove box! Make sure you have all current insurance and registration papers. You might not need them, but you'll feel better if you know where things are rather than scrambling for them later.
- Fill 'Er Up!: You know where the cheapest gas prices are close to home, so fill your tank before you go. But what happens when you're traveling? Try using Gas Buddy to search for the lowest prices on gas around the United States.
- Can You Hear Me Now?: A charged cell phone is essential for unexpected issues on the road and staying in touch with family. Pack charging cables and a battery pack if you have one available. Contact your service provider about roaming fees and coverage before you leave. If you're driving to Canada or Mexico international rates & fees are to be expected.
- Point A to Point B: Getting lost on a road trip is no fun. Make sure your navigation system is up-to-date or purchase a map before you depart. If you're feeling adventurous try a back road instead of the interstate. You'll see some interesting sights and have less traffic to deal with. Visit RoadTrip America or Roadside America to help you plan an unforgettable adventure. And don't forget to take lots of photos!
If you need unexpected repairs while you're traveling stop by one of our many Collision & Repair Centers throughout the United States. We have body shops located in Georgia, Florida, Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Missouri, Kansas and California. Have fun on your next road trip adventure!